To Know

8/08/2011

Tira - Soul Calibur 4 Cosplay




On 28th of July it was published  that the Assembly will have a cosplay competition by BatMUD.
I went for it, never done cosplay and didn't even know what the word "skit" meant ...

After a while of thinking, something close my own personality would be a nice character, so I chose Tira.
Also fighting games like Soul Calibur IV are only games I really honestly CAN say I'm good at ^   3  ^

The work progress was intense and I did it all my free time which was left from my 6-day work weeks. Thank you, Jari  for making the Eiserne Drossel and Jouni for mixing my music, without them this wouldn't been possible.
Everything in the outfit is self-made. Boots, belt and fingerless gloves were customized.

The jumpsuit part was very interesting to do, first it seemed to be impossible - like most of fictional costumes.
Many times I forgot what was practical, or taught in school and forced the way it looked like, and it came out just perfect!!
I know it's lacking the stripes and the embroidery from the sleeves - but they were left out cause of the time pressure. All the feathers in the costume are separately sewed and secured with glue-textile.


The Eiserne drossel. Jari has worked with it for over a week 12 hours a day. It's made of .... things you repair your car with!

                                                                                 Found out some cosplayers saying the gloves were "impossible". For the base I used fingerless gloves from CyberShop. Sewed a separate cuff to make them look bigger.  I made these gloves twice, first ones weren't dramatic enough! :D Though they look like I wont be able move my hands, I can! All the parts are sewed on place while they were in a "fake hand" made of folio.Quite inexpensive to do btw the cernit/fimo clay package costed only 2€ a pack.


 This is the hear which belongs to the belt in painting progress.









This is the backpiece which I was stressing how it will stay and how it will be done - but it ended up to be the most easy part in the whole costume :) I'm very pleased to it how it came out detailed and dramatic!






Below some pictures from the stage show which was on the main stage and from the prize ceremony.
I could almost heard my heart beating before I walked up to the stage! 
Same thing was on the prelims !! - As I didn't know anything what was waiting for me nor how should i act in any moment.

                                  The Tira cosplay which came 2nd at Assembly 2011















For the whole year I've been crying that I'm not doing anything with my degree of dress making nor did I know myself anymore cause of the lack of creative activity.
Cosplay is the answer.
Also it was wonderful to meet people like the Han Yuri cosplayer, Milla, she is lovely and inspiring!


BatMUD thank you for lighting my fire!



No comments:

Post a Comment

kewl pika-pika